My last blog post was over a month ago. Why you ask?? Well, I cannot figure out this new block thing, or rather do not have time to do so and cannot figure out fast enough how to get back to classic. These days I seem inundated with one frustration after another:
- The frustration of the above.
- I am teaching high school at a school where there is no mandate for any Covid safety precautions which means no masks, no social distancing, nothing. Thankfully, I have survived the first seven weeks of this. My doctor’s office has provided me with special face shields that come under the chin and around the sides more than the usual face shield.
- My pay is the same as last year but I have one extra class and 28 more students.
- I spend most of my life these days sleeping, eating, grading, working.
- For years I have been a judge for a literary contest. I have three novels to read in a short period of time with substantially no time to do it but have one down, the second 2/3 done, and one more to go.
- Today more papers to grade, house to finish cleaning, a literary contest to enter, that novel to finish, and that is just for starters.
This is not the kind of person I think I am. What is happening to cheery, positive me?? After I post this, I will do my morning yoga ( I already did meditation), shampoo my hair, feed the horses, and get to work on all the things mentioned above.
Have a great Sunday, inspire yourself, think positive, move on.
2 thoughts on “Frustration”
I am with you that I can’t figure all the contents of this new blogging version and for some reason I can’t get back to the classic. You have a lot on your plate with teaching at a school with mandatory of wearing masks. Stay safe and healthy.
There is no mandate for wearing masks or any protective equipment where I teach. Perhaps I did not explain this very well. I am only one of two who daily wear any protective equipment at all.